"SuperSport" suspension opinions?

Started by 5-pot, April 12, 2008, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5-pot

Hey all, some dude on trademe has a shock&spring kit for type89 quattros.  Just wonderng if anyone has had experience, good or bad, with the SuperSport brand?  Apparently it's german and I can't find a huge amount on Vortex or Fourtitude...  Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

-----

ask him if he does H&R also, dealt with before and he can get you pretty much anything your after. not just things he has listed. helps if you have a part # to give him so have a look at the H&R website.
2003 MK4 Jetta VR6 24V 4M S/C - Sold
1999 MK4 Golf GTI Oettinger - Sold

slayer00

If I keep my golf ill be getting a supersport 60/40 kit but not from the guy on trademe, he wants $750 and I can bring in my own for $580

5-pot

Oh ok.  He wants 880 for the kit for my car which I thought was pretty good considering I'd be lookin at around 1400 for a set of bilsteins and H&R springs.  Although, I am still wondering if I want to lower it or not...  Might be a bit too much for nz roads...
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

slayer00

Nah its all good to lower by 40mm, I never had any problems

5-pot

I'm just wondering about steep driveways and carparks with those concrete barrier things to stop you going too far...  where are you sourcing your kit from?  Do you think you could get a price for a type 89 quattro?

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

slayer00

When I lowered my 90 40mm it cleared those barriers and never hadany clearence issues, a kit for yours would be $745

5-pot

crap.  that might actually work into my budget...  So, SuperSport is actually a reasonable brand?

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

5-pot

btw, are the shocks adjustable in any way in those kits?

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

veedubman

never heard of them..

but hey if it works.. what the damn.

5-pot

well, they did seem popular on golfs in the UK.  Still tossing up between the extra 600 or so dollars to get a bilstein/H&R kit or this supersport suspension.  Also wondering if I should go lower at all and just put in adjustable sports shocks...  ::)

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

veedubman

dont waste your time with adjusties..

5-pot

not height adjustable.  just damping/rebound. 

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

slayer00

They are not adjustable. If you want and justable damping/rebound you will need to get koni's or similar, and you will find your car to wolowly with standard springs