Code Alarm system slowly getting weaker signal

Started by vwtec, May 20, 2020, 08:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwtec

Hey there, my alarm system had been getting weaker and weaker (I would have to hold the remote nearer and nearer to the steering wheel to unlock the car) over time and a new remote battery didn't help at all. After reinstalling the battery post lockdown the alarm won't turn off at all (it alarms by default upon connecting the battery).

Has anyone had experience with a third party alarm/immobiliser system called techtronics from the early 2000's or a similar issue to this? Best I've heard from an auto electrician is he'd rip it out and give me a new one but I don't really understand what the issue could be and would ideally not like to buy a new one for such a cheap car (ABF).

EDIT: The alarm is a Code Alarm Pro1000SX for which I have found a guide online but unfortunately it doesn't say how to reprogram the remote. If anyone knows someone who works with Code Alarm equipment that would be helpful :)

vwtec

Another update: Found the alarm box and opened it up. It looks like several of the ceramic capacitors on the little antenna board have blown so this is likely the issue