True or False...

Started by bsting, May 23, 2005, 04:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitmanGTI

Quote from: mach1 on September 01, 2005, 08:56:05 PM
A topless Corolla! A topless Mk1 However. Now Your Talking.

And it has three doors as well? ::)

I saw a Mk1 Cabrio the other day.. or was it Mk2 im pretty sure it just had two headlights on the front.. not quads

RS ZWEI

Quote from: hitmanGTI on September 02, 2005, 10:17:34 AM
Never said i was outta here i like this place.. nor am i going to sell the MK4

Put it this way.. i have never taken it for a warrant.. as this was the last year it is elegible to have a warrant for 12 months..

so im think when it comes to my first WOF next FEB or JAN what ever....
I think all the joints will be a big no no.. ha..? ie Tierods or what ever they are called..

My Cat Converter was Blocked.. hence the Decat
Turns out my Dump Valve hasnt functioned? from Day one.. probably causing damage to my hair dryer..
Oh yeah on of the bolts holding my torquebar in place on the bottom of the tranny had broken
My Rear wiper Spray doesnt work
My front ones stopped as well( fixed them care of repco vaccum hoses)
Oh yeah and now the clutch makes stupid noises when you move of from a standstill.. so im just waiting for that to explode now... :P

I whinge alot i know.. its the only way i get things done..

Oh yeah.. and its slow
:P

I think ill be happy when i finish paying for it.. strip it out.. put a better motor and roll cage etc? ;D

Put it this way for the Money the Mark 1 "Golf E" i got from wilco (free) was pretty good car to drive for its age..

My answer to that is dont buy a Jap import.
It sounds to me like the servicing hasnt been kept up to date by the last owner.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

hitmanGTI

probably hasnt ...

grrr.. pisses me off.. just to reiterate ie  pulling a 90degree left hand corner that is with a down incline.. the susp makes stupid noises..

bigbumper

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on September 02, 2005, 10:42:35 AM
My answer to that is dont buy a Jap import.
It sounds to me like the servicing hasnt been kept up to date by the last owner.

That would be my comment as well.

Hitman, if you want to know about unreliability - buy a Fiat!!! ?;D

hitmanGTI

buy a merc then u will know what unreliable is..

RS ZWEI

Quote from: hitmanGTI on September 02, 2005, 12:13:34 PM

Only since about 1996.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

veedubtom

Quote from: hitmanGTI on September 02, 2005, 12:13:34 PM

wtf..... yeh, they only have one of the most bulletproof straight 6 engines, the only thing that went wrong with my 190 was the alternator

hitmanGTI

Im off overseas to europe.. See you all in 6 Weeks...

Peace out

Anton

orggti

It is a known fact that a toyota corrolla is much much more reliable car than any golf or any audi. Sorry vaskers but its true. Even if you dont keep them serviced. The japs win on design for reliability of ALL there parts hands down. Your audi or golf might still get you to work, but only so you can earn enough money to buy plastic clips and trim bits and pay for mechanics to get your heater going again.

I can strongly see why somebody would like to own a nice car to go on long trips with and to club meetings and track days. But NOT want to use it as there dayly driver getting wreaked in the car parks and worn out idleing in traffic!! how hard is it to figure that one out? Some of you guys are so narrow in the way you think.

Bsting .....you have the nicest, sexyest, cleanest, passenger freindly mk3 gti with a nice fuel effeccent sized motor i have ever seen. I think you should love it as hard as you can and not always long for that elusive 3 door manual that will never be as good. I think frans's daughter has a 3 door mk3 gti in metallic black if you want to try that avenue tho?

Also mercedes i belive is one of the most over built and tidyest designed of the euro cars under hood and just because somebody had one that wasnt reliable (it was probibly worn out) dosent mean they arent reliable. I have never heard of the recalls and electric probs associated with BMW or FIAT or even VAG with mercedes.However as with all these very exspencive luxury european cars they to are crammed with every concevable gadget imaginable! and then you get people complaining that some of this stuff breaks down after ten years of driving!!! and call a car unreliable?? ::) You have to go back to the old days of BMC to get a car that is truely unreliable. Unless of course you get a mid 90s 750i BMW or a Range Rover.

hitmanGTI